Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sunday Night Live

As they stepped into the light of the street lamp one could see the blood covering his shoes.
“Damn son, you betta get rid of them shits quick!”
“Ye, I know. I should have shot that muthafucka for bleed'in all ova my J's, right?”
“Na, that wooda drawn attention. That blade did the job just right. Emm hmm, slit that nigga from ear to ear!
"What I'ma do?"
"Yo! Throw ‘em down the storm drain son!”
“What the fuck I’ma look like walking down the street with no kicks? What if we have to break again?”
“I ont know Na’im, you might want to take that chance. If jonny roll up and see all that damn blood we done for.”
A car turned onto the street and started to creep toward the two youths.
“Ohhh shit…yo Smoke, who dat?”
“How the fuck I know…lets break!”
As the car sped-up the two started to run in the opposite direction.
A female voice yelled out of the driver side window, “Na’im…Smoke, hold up! Yo Nigga, hold up!”
“Yo son, that sounds like Paola!”
“No shit? How you know?”
“I don’t, it just sounds like it. Be ready just in case!”
The two youths slow to a jog as the car pulls up.
“EyO, what you niggas do’in out here run’in in the dark and shit?”
“Damn girl, you like ta scared the shit out of us. We ain’t know who da fuck you was P.”
“Peace P!”
“What happened to yo kicks Na’im?"
"We was just dumping some trash, that all."
"Looks like you put your feet in some bloody pussy this time. Take them shits off and get in! ”
“Fo sho!”
Smoke got in the front seat as Na’im took his shoes off and threw them down the storm drain.
He jumped in the back seat and the car pulled off and made the corner.
“You damn skippy son! Let’s make it over to yo boy Kris’s crib to get you a fresh pair of kicks and see if he got that thang.”
“No need, I just got a O of that Elliot from them Cuban cats around the way.”
“Well, lets start this fire then!”
“I already got two twisted. You got a light?”
"You know I do."
“Say hold up, what about my kicks!”
“Don’t sweat it N, we can go over to my primo’s crib and get you some. That nigga got like a hundred pairs of J’s and shit! I bet he will let a old pair go for some weed.”

No comments: