Friday, February 10, 2012

“a worthy cause”

“Ben, I don’t know how grandaddy gonna make it this time.”
“What you mean?”
“I done took my last pill this morning. I ain’t got no more money come’in in to get no more.”
“I’ll get you some money to buy your meds grandaddy.”
“Boy, you ain’t got no job! I don’t wont you to be out there in that damn trap, you hear me?"
“Yes sir.”
“I ain’t play’in. You stay away from down there!”
“OK, grandaddy.”

TWO DAYS LATER

“So I just took out my gun and shot that muthafucka.”
“You shot him dead?”
“Naw, nigga. I shot him in the foot!”
“In the foot, why the fuck you do that?”
“I just wanted to get that big muthafucka off me, I did’nt want to kill him.”
“Yea, but now he gone be look’in for you when he get right.”
“I was wearing a ski mask, some Cali locs, coveralls, and a pair of duck boots. I burned all of them shits in a barrel in the dump. He gonna look but he ain’t gonna find me.”
“Ain’t he gonna remember your voice?”
“I didn’t say shit, I just handed him a note like in the movies.”
“How much did you get anyway?”
“Enough to pay for grandaddy’s meds for six months.”
“Word?”
“Word.”

No comments: