Wednesday, October 8, 2008

i miss

i miss lazy Sunday afternoons burn’in down a fat fatty
i miss lean’in in the seat of my old green Caddy
damn, I really miss my grandma Hattie
even though I never really knew the nigga sometimes i miss my daddy

i miss wake’in up shoot’in hoops before i had a chance to yawn
i miss hustling as a kid cutt’in my neighbors’ lawn
sometimes i miss watch’in tv from dusk till dawn
and i miss the Cube that said “Once Again It’s On.”

i miss roll’in over without a worry or care about shit
i miss climbing trees on campus and gett’in straight lit
i miss playing buns up, try’in not go get hit
shit, i miss my dog and the ball he played wit

i miss gett’in up on Saturdays watch’in Scooby Doo
i miss the first day of school, my clothes all fresh and new
i miss check’in out the girls to see who done grew
and i miss block’in shots, “You gone dunk on who?”

i miss the day my mom bought me them Air Revolutions
i miss high school math, i was good at them solutions
i miss being recruited by all them b-ball institutions
but most of all i miss me, it’s time to make some resolutions

No comments: