Thursday, October 30, 2008

That Old Kill'in Blues

I woke up this morning and the blues was lay’in in my bead
I went to wash my face and the blues was flowing through my head
I started brushing my teeth and the blues was deep in my gums
I had to sit on the toilet cause the blues gave me the damn runs
I got that old kill’in blues…the kinda blues you can’t deny
Lord, I hope it don’t find my gun cause if it do I’m gonna die
I jumped in the shower and tried to wash the blues off my skin
The blues just dug down and burned me like a deadly sin
I put cream all over my body to try and cool down the burn
And the blues just laughed and asked “Boy when you gonna learn?”
I got that old kill’in blues…the kinda blues you can’t deny
Lord, I hope it don’t find my gun cause if it do I’m gonna die
I put on my pants and the blues said, “Don’t forget to zip your fly.”
I started brewing my coffee and the blues said “I’ll take mine with a slice of pie.”
I stepped out the door and the blues said “There's no need to go out today.”
I went to buy a paper and the blues said, “Don’t bother cause I spent up all your pay.”
I got that old kill’in blues…the kinda blues you can’t deny
Lord, I hope it don’t find my gun cause if it do I’m gonna die

I went back to my place and the blues said, “Let’s go up and have a drink.”
I said, “It’s too early for liquor.” And the blues said, “It will...help you think.”
After I drank the whole bottle of Scotch I said, “I’m probably better off dead!”
I pulled out my .38 and the blues said “Let my hold it to your head!!!”
I got that old kill’in blues…the kinda blues that gets to your head
Awww…please say a prayer for me momma cause I just pulled the trigger and now I’m dead

No comments: